Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First letter from the MTC!

Hey Family! And everyone else who might read this message!! I bet you spent this last week wondering if I was still alive. My P-Day is on Wednesday, so that is when I will be sending mail. So to save time, I think I will send you a message about what has been going on, and then you can post it on the blog or whatever. And also, make sure you post a link to the blog on my facebook or something. Alrighty, The first week at the MTC has been great! It is a ton of hard work, but the spirit is always so strong here. I am amazed at how much I have already learned. In the short time I have been here, I have already learned a ton about the lessons, and my Danish is coming along. I can already bear my testimony, pray, and introduce myself, along with a few other phrases in Danish! Mom, your Danish is coming along nicely too. But I'll bet anything you pronounce it wrong. 'Jeg elsker dig' is not pronounced like Jeg elsker dig. It is pronounced more like 'Yai elskeh die' My companion is a cool guy. His name is Aeldse Hansen. He is from Portland Oregon. And the rest of my district is awesome. Our district is only 4 people, and we are all going to Denmark. The other 2 guys are Aeldste Shreeve and Aeldste Van Nevel. They are all really cool and we have already grown really close. My first meal at the MTC was one that I will never forget. I had turkey and potatoes and gravy. I will never forget it because after I got all my food, I dropped my tray on the ground and everything shattered and got all over the ground. I got potatoes all over my pants and shoes... How's that for a first meal? The food for the most part is pretty good though. Last night I had the opportunity to help with a blessing. Aeldste Van Nevel fell off his bed a few days ago (top bunk) and hurt his leg. He has been limping ever since, so he asked us to give him a blessing. I did the annointing, and Aelste Shreeve, our district leader, sealed the annointing and gave him a blessing. It was a great opportunity. Oh yeah, on Friday we went to the Referal Center, where people call in for the free book of mormon or dvd or whatever. So I talked with a few people there. It was way cool. I'm excited to go back there. Well I'm getting short on time so I'll finish this up. I miss you all. Tell the family hi. And mom, don't worry too much about me, I'm doing fine. Jeg ved at Jesu Kristi Kirke af Sidste Dages Hellige er sand. Jeg ved at evengeliet er sand. Jeg ved at Gud gengave sit evengeliem gennem Joseph Smith, oh jeg ved at Joseph Smith var en profet. Alrighty, Have a great week! Jeg elsker dig!!! Love Aeldste Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment