Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nov. 16, 2011 The final email.











Heeeeeeyyyyy!!!!! We made it to the final email of my mission!! Can you believe that?!?! That went pretty fast! :D But at the same time it seems like it's been forever since I've seen you all!
I still think i is so weird that I'm actually coming home, and for some reason it still doesn't really feel real. I'm so so so excited, but at the same time it's kind of sad. I'm really gonna miss Denmark, and I really hope that I'll be able to come back soon. *hint hint*

Well, on Monday I'll be heading over to Copenhagen and spending the night at President's with the other departing missionaries. I'm actually not sure when I'll be leaving, or really much at all. I'm expecting that I'll get a call soon with more details. Then I'm leaving sometime Tuesday morning. Don't worry, I have some American cash in my wallet in case I need any. About 60 bucks saved up from birthday money and stuff. Thanks, I think I'm pretty good with money. I'm pretty much done with souvenir and gift shopping. There are just a couple things I'll pick up this week, but I'm pretty much set. And yes, I still have your cell phone number memorized by the way. :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit my stuff in my 2 suitcases. I'll be throwing out some stuff, and I've already given some things away. With that painting, I'm going to try to disassemble the frame and put it in my suitcase. If that fails I think I'll just leave it behind.
Well let me tell you about my week. Our investigators are doing good. We met with Lise and Leyla for the last time. We finally got the BOM cds for Lise and she is really excited to be able to listen to that. With Leyla we talked more about baptism and the things she would have to do to be ready. She still wants to, but still isn't ready to set a date. She really wants to stop smoking, but is reluctant about giving up drinking. We were really hoping that she would come to church but she texted and said that she won't be able to after all, but she wants to come in the future.

The African food with Elijah was interesting, but I was surprised with how good it actually was. I'm really excited for Friday because they are going to be making dinner again for us, since it's my last time with them. :)

Oh I can tell you about Rune. He is an inactive guy, 29 years old. He is pretty cool. We've been meeting with him a couple times, and we had a really good lesson with him last week, and later he called us and said that he is coming to church that week, and he wants to start reading in the scriptures again. He came and had a really good time there and said that he will come every other week (he visits his family the other weeks) So that is cool! It will be nice for the ward to have someone younger than 60.

Its so lame, a couple weeks ago the lights on my bike were stolen! (in Denmark you have to have lights on your bike after dark or you can get a ticket) And so I bought some new ones, and then guess what! They were stolen again the other day! How dumb is that?! It's not like they are expensive or anything, its just annoying. Anyway, I bought new lights one more time, and now I make sure I take them off and keep them with me when I park my bike.

Here's something I'm going to teach you! How to make Flettede Julehjerter! (Weaved Christmas Hearts) It's a fun Danish Tradition where they make these cool hearts that they hang on their Christmas trees. They are fun to make and they look really cool! I learned how to make them this last week!

Monday was way fun! We went on a little trip to Herning. It's a good thing that it is only 40 kilometers away! So we went there and first we looked around a few stores, at one of them we ran into Anitta, an investigator. She was so excited to see me. Haha, she is funny. And then later we went over to Mia's place! It was really fun seeing her again! Pia was there too, the one that looks like Jessie the Cowgirl. It was so awesome seeing them both. We had dinner with them, and with Elder McCleary and Sorensen. Mia made Fleskesteg which is one of my favorite Danish dishes. It was so good! I'm glad that I was able to go there one more time before leaving and say goodbye to some of my good friends there. We slept in Herning with the missionaries, and the next day we came home.

Oh yeah, yesterday we saw a real life Wonkavator! It's like an elevator but it can go sideways, and longways, and backways, and squareways, and frontways, and any other ways that you can think of! Actually I think it can only go sideways, but it was pretty cool! It went between two different buildings.

Well that is all. I also have some pictures for you from the week! I had some videos too of me playing accordion, but they aren't working on this computer so I'll just show you them in person! :)

The pictures are first of all a sculpture I made out of my gummi eraser, then there is a cool church that we saw. The next few are those Christmas hearts I was telling you about. I unfortunately didn't have better paper so I had to make due with what I had. Then last of all are a couple pictures of the Wonkavator. :)

Well, it has definitely been a good 2 years! Thanks for all of the emails, and the love and support, and the prayers and all that! See ya in 6 days!!!! :D

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment