Monday, November 7, 2011

Nov. 7, 2011

Hey everybody!
Well, only 2 weeks left!!! It is getting so close, and its so crazy that I'm going to be coming home in just a few days! So I was thinking about what I want to eat first when I come home and I was thinking Red Robin. :) How does that sound? I think that I'm going to be pretty tired that day when I come home, if it's going to be anything like when I arrived.. I remember when I first got here, we went to the mission presidents house and had dinner and a quick testimony meeting, and I fell asleep on the couch when President was sharing his testimony.. haha.

Yup, I just like living life on the edge. :) Just kidding. I'm really glad though that nothing serious happened with that crash. And no, I wasn't wearing my new suit. I don't work in that, are you crazy? I need to keep that one nice. Ya know, it actually says in my Patriarchal blessing that on my mission I'll be protected from all harm and danger. That's a cool promise. :D So basically as a missionary I am invincible. haha jk, I still try to be careful anyway.

That is awesome that Garrett is going on a mission! It must be hard for some of the people that wait a little while longer and then decide to go on a mission. That's cool that he'll be in the same mission as Aoi.

Don't worry mom, you know that I'll gladly play Settlers with you. That's one of my favorites. I've also learned a few card games here that I'll have to teach you all.

What? Are you kidding me? Two youth speakers? Well they will probably fill up 2 minutes each. Oh well I'll see what I can do. Maybe I should start preparing that talk pretty soon. I think that the idea of a continental breakfast is good. That would be great for that time of day.

Ha! You don't even know. Already it is getting dark here before 5, and it will continue to get earlier and earlier.

Thanks for getting my registration stuff figured out. That sounds like a good enough schedule. I don't really know what to expect but it should be fun.

Thanks, we are hoping that we can get a date with Leyla too. She is still doing really well. We watched the finding faith in Christ movie with her last time and she absolutely loved it.
Well let me explain about my week. It has actually been a little uneventful for the most part, so I don't really have too much too tell you. But here is one piece of news that is really exciting! Do you remember Mogens Pipper from Nykøbing? He was an old guy that me and Elder Poulsen found and taught so many times. It was always hard to get him to progress though, but eventually we were finally able to get him to pray and some other things. Well, Elder Shreeve who is serving there now called me up and said that he is getting baptized! Cool! I'll have to keep up on that and see how it goes. I really hope he goes through with it.

Our investigators are doing pretty good. We've met this week with Leyla, Lise, Elijah, and I've also met some other investigators. There is a guy from England named Paul who was really cool. He is an artist so he showed me a bunch of his work and I showed him some of mine. He wants to buy the gorilla picture from me, haha. There are also a couple other new ones I met.

The other day was annoying. Our washer is broken and has been for a few weeks, and we couldn't wait any longer for the landlord to get it fixed so we had to find a laundromat. The nearest one was like a mile away so we had to carry all of our dirty laundry over to it, and pay a bunch of money and wait for it to get done, and then carry it back. I don't want to have to do that again.

Yesterday was a good day. We had church for one, and there were a lot of guests. A family came from Ballerup that I knew so it was fun to see them again. And then later on in the day we met with Elijah. It was a way awesome, yet strange appointment. We showed up but nobody was home, so we waited a couple minutes and his son arrived and let us in. He said his dad is on the way. But then he said that he was leaving and we could just wait. So we were sitting there all alone in our investigator's house worrying that he was gonna freak out when he arrived. But they told us that it was African culture and wasn't weird at all. So he showed up and thought it was just fine that we were there in his house, and we had a good lesson. And after that, the wife surprised us by making dinner, and we got to experience the African Culture even more. It's weird because in Africa they eat with their hands. We had this weird corn bread dough type stuff that looked liked mashed potatoes, and we rip some off with our hands, mash it around in our hand and then dip it in some sauce. There was also some scary looking fish, that was the entire fish including head. I was worried about that, but everything turned out to be way good. I thought it was delicious. There was also a pepper that is the hottest thing ever! They told us to just take a tiny bit, so I tried a tiny tiny piece and it was so spicy! I really like the African culture, but it was pretty weird eating that stuff with my hands.

Hey well that is all I have for today. I'm glad that you liked my pictures last time. That place has some really awesome scenery. I'm sorry to tell you but I don't have any pictures today. :/

Thank you though for the picture of Camron's pumpkins. That is pretty good!I'm gonna get going, but I hope you know I miss you so much and am so excited to see you all in 2 weeks!!! See ya soon!!! :)
Love Ældste Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment