Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Month of Miracles, going strong!

Hey everybody! How's it going? This week has been good. It has really flown by. It's crazy that it has already been another week! During the week, I usually carry around a little notebook, and write down things every once in awhile that I want to include in my email home. Because usually I forget what happens. But today I forgot to bring the notebook that I wrote things down in, so I'll just do my best to remember what happened this week.
Sorry if I gave you a little scare with that last email. It wasn't really a big deal, what happened with the drunk guys. They were so drunk, that me and Elder Christensen could have easily beat them up if we needed to. It makes a pretty good story though. ;)
You asked about David. Yeah we met with him again. We walked all the way across the street to his apartment. ;) It went really well, and the miracle story got even better! We went over there, and first of all, he has a way cool apartment. He is an artist, and he has paintings all over the place, and he also really likes music! He plays guitar and stuff, so me and him can really relate. Anyway, we went there and taught him about the plan of salvation and some more about the restoration. He had already read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and he asked us a lot of questions about it. At one point he told us more about when he ran into us and how he doesn't think it was just by chance. A few months ago, David started wondering if there more to life, and started looking for something more. His friend gave him a book about our spiritual existence, and he had just read a chapter about how everything has a purpose, when he ran into us on the street. So a couple days later, his friend that gave him the book called him up randomly. He told her about these two missionaries that he met, and she told him that he should keep talking to us and see what we are about. Well, after he hung up, who are the next two people that he runs into? The missionaries! Crazy! Anyway near the end of our lesson with him, we asked what he thought about the plan of salvation. He said he thought it was cool but he didn't believe it. We told him that we aren't here to convince people that it is true, we are just here to invite people to pray about it. We talked to him about the holy ghost, and he asked us, what does the Holy Ghost feel like? Is it like love, and warmth. Yup exactly! Anyway, he asked us what chapters in the Book of Mormon have helped us to get that answer. So we wrote down 4 or 5 of our favorite chapters for him to read. Anyway, we've got high hopes for David in this Month of Miracles. Well, I wrote a bit more than I thought I would about him, but I think it is a good story. I'll get back to the rest of my email now.
Oh I also want to mention Celina too. Yesterday when we met with her, she told us that she always hated Denmark. She has lived her for several years. She said she was never happy here, until she met us missionaries! Now she says she really likes Denmark. Oh, and also, she is going to be in the ward talent show on Friday! I don't know if I told you about the talent show or not. We are having a talent show Friday, and I'm gonna show off some of my air tap skills. Also, my companion dragged into another performance. We are gonna do the My Little Buttercup dance from the 3 Amigos. :/

Well, it was fun to hear all the news from back home. That is crazy that Jansen is getting his drivers license! I'm glad that I'm thousands of miles away from his driving. That is also great to hear about Shane. Hopefully I'll be able to see him at my homecoming.
The morning running is going well. I haven't quit yet. It's definitely better running around outside, than just running around in circles in the gym. I still don't enjoy running at all, and I don't understand how you people enjoy it. I just do it for exercise purposes.
That's fine that you don't send much snail mail. It's just so convenient being able to email instantly. I don't get a ton of mail, but I have a few good friends that have been writing pretty frequently. It's always fun getting a letter from back home.
Oh yeah I wanted to tell you, during the past 2 weeks, I've bought 7 ties! I'm planning on beating Camron's record of all the ties that he brought back.
Anyway, that's all I've got for you this time. I miss you all! Have a great week!

Love Elder Tyler Lee

ps. 5 months on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment