Monday, October 11, 2010

Sept. 27th, 2010



























Hey Everyone!!

Thank you very much!!! I can't believe that it's my birthday and that I'm 20! That is so crazy!!! This is weird, it doesn't seem at all like my birthday. It's definitely a lot different than any of my other B days. I'm lucky enough to have my B day on my P day though so I'll be able to do a bit of celebrating and hopefully have a fun time. We don't really have much planned for today, we're just gonna go to the mission office and pick up a present, find a nice place to eat, and walk around Copenhagen. Thanks for the Birthday card and all of the little letters from everyone! It was perfect timing! It came this morning, so it was the first thing on my birthday! Thanks for all the nice letters, and of course for the cash! Don't worry, that present works just fine. When we are in Copenhagen I'll probably look around for something nice to buy. I think I might use it for a nice coat. One that keeps me warm, but actually looks good, unlike that missionary mall thing. But I'm not sure yet what I'll get. That's way weird to think that you will never see me as a 20 year old!
This week has been pretty fun! Me and Elder Williamson had 1 more week together of freedom without Elder Andersen, so we decided to make it the best week ever! So we made a list of things that we wanted to do. Things like, ''take pictures of us knitting in random locations'' ''Put our faces on a Rubiks Cube'' ''Pet as many dogs as possible and refer to them as 'Poochie' '' and many more. We've done most of the things on the list. Haha Oh here is a funny one ''Find Poul Jørgensen'' Let me explain. Every week we get a local newspaper in the mail, and every single one has an advertisement for this guy's car repair place. The ad has a way funny picture of this Poul Jørgensen guy and we just think it's way funny and we always made fun of it. Anyway, we decided to try and find him, so we looked up the address on the ad, and we went to it! But, unfortunately Poul wasn't there.. Maybe next time.
We also had a couple days in Roskilde on splits. That was good. But it ended with disappointment. The whole time they were telling us about this place where you can buy way huge delicious burgers. They said they were by far the best burgers they've ever had. And so we planned on going there for dinner and try them out. So we were really excited for that the whole time, but the time finally came, we went to the place, and they were closed for renovations... :(
Morten had a farewell party yesterday. We went to it for awhile and talked with him. He is excited to go, but I could tell that he had a lot of emotions going through him. I know exactly how that is. Anyway, he is at the airport right now! His flight leave in about an hour I think, so he'll be over in America soon, and into the MTC. Oh yeah, Christina, the girl who is going on her mission, she was able to get her visa. It came just 3 days ago! So she will be able to start her mission according to plans.
Thats cool that you will be able to have some local missionaries over tonight! It doesn't happen much over there. Of course I remember Wise Chicken! And I think that'll be a great thing to serve the missionaries. Here's one word of advice for the missionaries sake, don't insist that they eat more. We actually have an eating appointment tonight for my bday too! It's with familien Olsen, so that'll be exciting.
Holy Cow! What kind of crazy race is that?! Thanks for the fun, good lookin pictures! That sounds like it was a fun race! Speaking of races, good luck on your marathon this week! I still think that you both are insane. But not every kid can say that their parents run marathons. Have fun, and let me know how it goes!
I'm excited for General Conference! I can't believe that it's that time again!
I'm also really excited to get my little noobie. I'll try my best to be a good example for him, and do what I can to help him out. He's coming into a great ward, and a good area. Yeah, it'll still be just 2 of us in the Ballerup house.
The knitting is going good! Haha. My scarf is starting to look like a scarf! It's going a lot faster than I expected. Of course I still have a long way to go, but it's coming.
Well, I'm gonna get going, I wanna go get my package as soon as possible, but before I go I have to tell you about all the pictures! There are a lot this time!
The first 4 are of us knitting in random locations.
The next 3 are just for fun. We shook our heads back and forth really fast and then took a picture of it. It looks pretty funny! But we both hurt our necks..
Then there is a picture of Poul Jørgensen!
I also have a bunch of other pics, but I'll send them in a second email. They are all of the pictures that we have been replicating! haha.

I hope you all have a great day too! Thanks again for the Happy Birthday wishes!!

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment