Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feb. 10, 2011











Hey!!
Sorry again that you had to wait til today to hear from me. But this has probably been the craziest week of my mission so far. So much has happened, and I can warn you right now that this might be a long email. I'm going to get right into telling everything that has happened.

Church was good. It was testimony meeting and there were only like 15 people at church, so I thought for sure that I would have to go up and take a few minutes bearing my testimony, but they were actually able to fill up the whole meeting. There weren't even any awkward long pauses between people. I think I'm getting better at piano. I learn the songs a lot faster than I did at first, so I get bored of playing the hymns over and over again, so I have been learning Part of That World on piano. :) And also I'm learning the Zelda songs! haha.

Ok, sunday after church is when things started getting really crazy. We packed some things and left to Slagelse. That is where our district leader is. We stayed there with them that night, and the next day we all went to Copenhagen for Pday! We got a big group of missionaries together, I think there were 10 of us. It was way funny, we went to the middle of the city in a busy place by a fountain and had a little ceremony for Elder Williamson because he was the transfer guess winner. He was presented with a trophy and gave little speech. It was funny, we were clapping and stuff and people were stopping to see what was going on.

In Copenhagen we walked around and went into some stores. We went to an awesome tie store and I picked up some nice ties. I'll have to show you a picture of one of them, maybe next week. It's pretty wild. We also went to a church there that was really really cool. They have the original famous Christ sculpture there. Me and Elder Poulsen wanted to go and see the Little Mermaid statue. It's back from China finally. But the other missionaries didn't want to walk over to it. Lame.

Ok, the next day was specialized training, so we met with all the missionaries in the zone, and also with President of course, and got some instruction on how to be better missionaries. Aw man, me and Willy were just talking about how we wanted to go to Sweden so bad. One of our favorite bands ever, Rush, were playing in concert that same night about 2 hours away! After training was done we headed home. We were at the Copenhagen station and had like 40 minutes before our train came, so we went to mcdonalds to get some dinner. In the mcdonalds there was a crazy lady on the ground held down by some cops, and she was just yelling and screaming, it was so weird. So anyway, I put my bag down, ordered, and literally 30 seconds later I turned around, and my bag was gone!!! Someone stole my bag! I think that the screaming lady was working with the thief or something. There wasn't to much in the bag, and nothing irreplaceable, but still it is way annoying. There was my dyne (that feather blanket) my pillow, both with the cool cases, there were a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, my cool gold tie, one of my favorites }:-( A couple pairs of G's and my bag of toiletries stuff. So I have to buy a new blanket and pillow and some other stuff. grrr. The last couple nights I just slept with my sheet over me and my coat on top of the sheet. and no pillow.

Anyway, yesterday was way awesome! We had an appointment with a less active guy who lives really far away, on the very edge of our area, and we have been told that there are some really awesome white cliffs over in that area that we have to see. So after the appointment we went over there and checked it out. It was way cool!! We went on a nice little hike and saw some really cool stuff. I got a ton of pictures there. We also went to some castle ruins. That was also way cool.
Well, that is why I haven't been able to write you until now.

Well it sounds like you have also had a pretty eventfull week. That is a lot of neat stuff that has happened, especially with all the church stuff; baptisms, missionaries, conference, members of the 70, and all that. That is cool that they were able to visit the Christensens and help them out a bit. It's good to hear that Jason is doing good. That would be awesome to see him go on a mission.

Whoah, new stake presidency finally. I new that Pres. Wadley had been it for a long time, but I didn't know that it was close to 10 years! I guess it is time for a change. I don't recognize any of those new names, but I guess I'll get to know them as soon as I get home.

Thats a bummer that there has been so much sickness going around there lately. I've been pretty lucky so far on my mish. I've never really been sick, more than just a little runny nose or sore throat. It's never been something that has stopped us from working.

It's sad to hear that about Cambrey. It's weird hearing something like that happen to somebody so young.

Thanks for the sports update. It's funny, everyone has been talking about the Super Bowl, everyone was all excited about that, but I really didn't care one bit about it. I'm sure the Measoms have been excited about that, I know they always have been big Packer's fans.

I'm going to get going. I'm tired of typeing. This time I have like a billion pictures for you. Lets see if I can explain these all. Haha, I love the first one. We were walking down the street and I saw this awesome little house. It looks just like a guy with a hat and a mustache! Then there is another picture of a building with a face. Numbers 3 and 4 are the award cerimony for Willy. Him getting his award and then his acceptance speech. Next 2 are from the church in Copenhagen. Next is a bunch of missionaries crammed in a car. You can't see at all how many there are in that car from this picture. There were also 3 missionaries in the front 2 seats, and 1 in the trunk. then the last few here are from the castle ruins we went to. I'll attach the white cliff ones in another email. :)
Well, that's all I have for you today. See ya.

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment