Monday, May 9, 2011

May 1, 2011

Hey everyone!!!

How's it going?! This week seemed to go by way fast! Thanks for the email and pictures!!!
I'm excited for next week! I think we have it mostly figured out for how I will call you. Simon Johansen said that we can borrow his laptop, so we could use it for skype whenever we want! We just need to find out if we would be able to get some wifi. 12:30 for you guys will work fine for me/us. We'll just make a skype account that we can use. What is your skype account again? Tell me before sunday, and we can get it worked out. If all else fails, I can call you with the calling card and you can call back for free. We have unlimited minutes on the phones.
Haha you need to try the smoked eel sometime! It really was delicious. I'm sure you would have gagged if you tried it. But that is not really how I ate it, just take a big bite out of the whole thing. We put slices of it on some bread with eggs.
It's sounds like you and G & G have been really busy with the condo. I still can't believe that my family bought 2 condo's while I've been in Denmark and also gone on a cruise and went to Disneyland! Gosh! Haha, I'm excited though that we will be able to have a lot of fun times in St George!
Hahaha I think that is funny that you got snow AGAIN! Utah is so weird! That's kinda scary that they are worried about flooding when it warms up. I hope it's not bad!
The last couple days have been cold here too. :/ The sun is shining but there is a stupid wind that is freezing cold!
That is crazy that Osama was found and killed! He stayed hidden for a long time! I was surprised when I heard about that.
Congrats to Camron and Rurika! That is awesome that they have graduated! And that now they are moving on to the next stage. Hmm, when I first started my mish I was thinking that I might have a new sister by the time I got back, but now I'm getting close to the end and nothings happened yet..

Whoah what the heck?! I wasn't expecting to hear anything from you, Jansen! Thanks for telling me what's up though. I'm glad to hear that you haven't died in a biking or backflipping accident. That is cool that you have been working with JJ so much. You said you are looking for another job. I'd recommend JC Penney! That job was great! Not.. Never ever work there! I would really recommend the movie theater though. That was a way fun job. Not the very best pay, but it has a lot of benifits and it was actually really fun for the most part. There are also a bunch of cool people that work there. Good luck with that.
I'm surprised that you didn't fail English, seeing that great grammer of yours. ''I know I aint wrote you a lot. But that don't mean that I don't care.'' Just kiddin. So you are gonna be a senior soon, eh? How's that? My sophmore and junior years weren't my favorite but I really enjoyed my Senior year. Well I guess I'll talk to you more on Sunday aight? Peace!

Hey Dad, Thanks for the little message! Thanks, It's been cool being DL. It's fun traveling around every once in awhile and of course having the extra glory of being a leader. (not that thats so important) ;) At this point of your message I was expecting a missionary story that relates in some way to my current situation but it didn't come. Instead it was just compliments, thanks.
It is sometimes tough to stay motivated when there isn't very much success, but it is all worth it when somebody actually does accept it and you see it change their life! Hopefully there will be a few (or a lot) more of those cases in the next 6 and a half months!

I've had a pretty good week. Awhile back President Andersen gave us a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 3 months in Danish, and to focus on how much it witnesses on the Saviour. And this last week I finished it. :) I was also reading D&C in Danish at the same time, and I finished it the next day, and so I started the Pearl of Great price and also finished that. So it has been a pretty productive week study wise I'd say. Now I'm reading the old testement in Danish. It's the first time I've ever read the bible, and I have to admit, it's not my favorite. The book of mormon is much better. I've obviously been reading a lot lately.
This week we have been doing a lot of bike riding. It has been fun, but not when there are stupid bike problems!!! Elder Tolmans pedel broke. It kept falling off, and after a ton of time we were able to finally rig something that holds it on. They seem to be working fine now. On saturday we biked over to a city like 20 minutes away and we found 2 people who seem interested. One is a girl, 20ish. And the other is an older woman. They both seem really cool. The bike ride is really awesome because we bike through the woods for a lot of the time and it is really pretty.
The other day Elder Tolman went down to the church to practice the piano, and he locked the keys in the church. We had to call around to some people in the ward and have someone come unlock it for us. Also that same day, we were walking down the street and we found an iphone! It was just sitting on the ground. So we picked it up, and I looked through the contacts and was able to find the guys wife. I called them and they were excited. I told them my name was lee, and gave them our address. They came over and he brought a big tough guy with him with a macho goatee. It turns out that they found out that the guy who stole his iphone was named Jackson Lee, and so he was scared that I was some punk guy that stole his iphone. They were relieved when they saw that I was just a friendly missionary. And he was really happy to get his iphone back.
Yesterday in church was pretty good. It was a holiday which is the same as labor day for us. But in Danish it's called ''Arbejdernes internationale kampdag'' Labor day is a lot easier to say.. We were in church and right as we were about to start we heard this loud music and we went to the door, and there was a random marching band marching down the street right in front of the church. It was way random. Oh during our sunday school class our mission leader, Bro KorgÄrd's phone went off, and his ringtone was Barbie Girl! Haha. He was so embarassed.
The Johansens invited us over to another eating appointment yesterday. We are up to 2 appointments a week with them! After we ate we went over on their couch and the youngest kid, Peter fell asleep on my arm. And then randomly he started saying, ''ow ow ow ow ow ow'' I was thinking, what the heck happened. I guess he was just having a dream and he got hurt in his dream or something. We all started laughing at him.
Well thats it. I'm excited for today. Hopefully I'm on fire again when we go bowling. I'm also excited for next week! Sorry to tell you I don't really have many pictures for you, I just sent you a picture of my paper countdown. There is the original when I first started, and where it is now. I've made it into the 100's! There are around 198 days to go.
Have a wonderful week! And I'll talk to ya soon!
Love Elder Tyler Lee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment