Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct. 17, 2011



Hi there!
That makes 2 emails missed... You've been slacking a bit lately. Just kidding, no hard feelings.
How are you doing this week? How crazy is it that ín 5 weeks from today I'll be coming home! My paper chain is so short now! It's about as long as my arm!

Well I'm starting to get used to Skive I guess. I really miss Herning and Silkeborg already. I really wish that I could have just stayed there for the rest of the time. I guess I'll tell you what has happened so far since I've been here. Well first, on Tuesday, me and McCleary decided that we needed to end strong, so we went to Jensens Bøfhus, and bought all-you-can-eat ribs. It was way good, and we sure did eat all we could. I was so full, but very satisfied.

Transfers were on Wednesday. I finished getting packed, and we caught a train at 5. It was so dumb, because it should take only 45 minutes to get to skive from Herning, but I had to go with McCleary to meet some other missionaries, and I met up with Elder Nørgaard and headed back. It ended up being about 4 hours in all.

This is kinda funny, the very first appointment that I had here in Skive happened to be with Elder Nørgaard's sister. Haha. She lives in the area and is less active so we visit her.

We don't have a ton of investigators here but there are a couple of positive ones. There is a new investigator named Leyla we met with. She is cool, she let us in and we were there for a long time, because she had so many questions. She received a BOM the time before and she had read the first 16 chapters. And liked it. She also saw the movie The Testaments and thought it was really good. We talked to her about pretty much everything, and when we brought up baptism she said that she had actually considered that before and she thinks it's something that she would like for her and her 10 year old daughter. We didn't set a date but she said that it could be something that happens in the future.

Another investigator we have is Elijah. He is funny. He is a friendly little black man, probably about 5 feet tall if that. Our apt with him was very interesting. We went over to his place and he wasn't home, but about 10 other Africans were. His wife invited us in and while we were there another 10 Africans came in, and finally Elijah showed up too. So we were just sitting there in a room with like 20 Swahili speaking Africans. But it was actually pretty good. We ended up teaching like half of them. There were these 2 girls who were very interested and very believing. Problem is, they live in Norway and are just visiting.

Elder Nørgaard was sick for a couple days though so we weren't able to do much. I took advantage of that time though by playing a lot of accordion. Nørgaard has an accordion!! How cool is that? And I'm learning how to play it. In a couple weeks when I'm better at it I'll send a video of me playing it or something.

Church yesterday was actually really nice. I already like this little branch. There were about 20 people who showed up, and me and Elder Nørgaard were the only 2 under about 60... No joke. They are all nice and friendly and were very welcoming to me. After the meetings we had a potluck meal. That was a perfect opportunity for me to get to know some of the people in the branch.

Well so far the new companionship is going alright. The 2 of us have a lot of similar interests and things, but his personality is exactly opposite of mine. But we are getting along alright, and teaching well together.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I'm a grandpa now! Yup, my boy Elder Klc is now training. It seems like I was just barely training him.

Guess what. I have some pictures for you! The first one is me and McCleary after our all you can eat ribs day. Then there is me by a fountain in Skive. And then last of all, I made it to my final planner!! That is crazy. I went all out on this one and decorated 5 pages of it. What do you think??

Well that's all for today. I hope you have an amazing week! I'll talk to ya later, and see ya soon.
Love Elder Tyler Lee

Oh ok there it was. I wasn't expecting to get a letter from you on this email. I don't use this one very much. Well, thanks for the email! :)
With all that BYU stuff, I'm not really sure what the best way to go about it would be either. I'll get back to you on that next week. For the first semester I don't think it matters too much. Just the general classes I need, and I'd also like something with art/drawing.
And about leaving for Thanksgiving, I think that would be fun. It would be a good way to catch up with everyone in the family. But if that is the case, I hope it's ok with you if I sneak out real quick Tuesday evening to go say hi to some friends.
Thanks for the email, and the pics and everything. I'll talk to ya later!
Love Elder Tyler Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment