Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 13, 2010







Hey family!!!

I'll just get right into it with what happened with me this week. It was a kinda shortened week cuz I wrote you 5 days ago.
Anyway, I'll tell you a bit about Benjamin! He is still doing great!!! Get this, he threw out the last of his cigarettes 3 days ago! He is done for good! We've been meeting with him like 4 times a week, and he just loves meeting with us! We taught him this week about the Prophet and Apostles and gave him the new Ensign. He was excited to read the words of God's living servants. And then yesterday we taught him about the Law of Tithing. We were a little worried that he would have a hard time with it because he's not the richest guy. But we started with that scripture in the Bible that talks about tithing and says that God will open up the windows of heaven and pour out blessings so much that there is not room enough to recieve it, or whatever it says. And as soon as he was done reading it he said something like, ''ok so I should start paying tithing? No problem, how do I do it?'' He's so solid! We also worked on his baptismal program. He chose Elder Holladay to baptize him, and me and Camp to be witnesses. He also wants me to do a musical number.
Other than that there isn't much news investigator wise.
Yesterday was a pretty cool day. We had a service project that we did. There was a family moving to a new apartment and we helped them out. Then after the service we went to Ribe, which is a city about 30 minutes away, and it is the oldest city in all of Scandinavia. Anyway, we went there because there was a free concert by the BYU Jazz band! How cool is that? We were hoping that there would be some people that we knew but there wasn't. It was still fun to talk with them though afterwards. There was actually one of them in the band who was a missionary in Denmark 3 years ago! It was fun talking with him. He also teaches Danish at BYU and he was Elder Christensen's Teacher there before his mission. So we had some connections and we had a lot to talk about (in danish).
That is really all that I did this week. It wasn't too exciting. Oh yeah, I bought a new Dyne cover! Thats exciting! You probably don't know what a dyne is. It's basically just a blanket, but it has feathers in it. Thats what they use here I found a way cool cover so I bought it. I'll send you a pic.
Thank you for the pictures that you sent me! That is really weird to see you with all those people that I know! All those people who I'm used to seeing in Denmark! That's too bad that you missed out on most of the talks, but I'm sure it was good to meet with all those missionaries and get to know some of them. Hopefully they all had good things to say about me.
Yeah, President Andersen is a way good guy. I think that he is gonna be great for the mission. They have I think 5 kids, 4 of them were to the last zone conference. Pres. Olausen had 2 kids that were with them in Denmark, but I hardly saw them. I think I might've just seen them the first night I was here.
Yeah it was fun hanging out with Elder Christensen again. We have a lot of fun adventures together.
The allergies have been pretty bad, but I don't think you need to worry about sending any meds. I'm doing alright.
Yeah, I've been getting a bit of running in. But I still absolutely hate it. I don't understand how you and dad enjoy it. It's not fun at all. I just do it because people feed missionaries way too much food.
It has been around 85 degrees here lately, but the humidity is whats a killer. We get pretty sweaty sometimes. Yeah, we do have a car here and that makes it a lot better, but we still do a lot of walking out in the heat.
That is crazy to think that Tani is going to start Jr High! She isn't old enough for that! It's gonna be so weird to see how much everyone has changed. Like with Tia and Dad both getting new glasses!
Well I have to get going. I hope you have a great week!
Oh so real quick, the first pic is my new dyne, then there is the byu band, then me in ribe.
Well, have a wonderful week!

Love Elder Tyler Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment