Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011







Howdy!

That sounds like fun that you have been able to spend so much time with family lately. Brielle sure is a little cutie. I like her smile. That is way wierd to me that she is turning 3. I still haven't even heard her talk.
We've always had a pretty stacked churchball team. I don't know why it always turned out like that. Church ball was always fun to play. No doubt the Meadowlark 1st ward priests will win the tourney.

Yeah it was annoying. I hate getting sick. It was just a cold I think. The funny thing is that when I got better, Elder Poulsen got sick. Haha. But we are both back to normal again.

I recieved the package on
Tuesday! Thank you very much!! Thanks for adding the extra goodies as well. You know me really well, those were the perfect goodies to send. We have an eating apt with the Johansens tomorrow so I'll give them those gifts and tell them thank you.

We luckily work mostly here in the city anyway, so it's not too bad walking. But we can't visit any of the places outside of the city, so that's annoying. We have complained to the APs and to President and they should be getting us something soon. I think bikes would be fun. I won't have to buy one probably, because there aren't many biking areas in the mission and they don't make missionaries spent that money and try to manage a bike their whole mission.

I think the Jazz are done for for this year. There is no saving them. I heard that they lost Williams too. What the heck?

Yeah it's a bummer with Jeff, but that's what happens. He has his agency and can choose. He just made a dumb choice though. haha. But at least I can say, Mogens is doing way good! Let me tell you a little story about him. So we went over there a few times, and he said that he has been reading in the Book of Mormon, but he kept appoligizing that he hasn't made it very far. We were just excited that he had read anything! But then I asked him how far he has actually come, and he opened his book and said, I've only made it here, to page 113. Hahaha, he made it through first and second nephi in just 2 weeks. And he continues to read. We extended a baptismal invitation to him on friday, and got a soft yes. Meaning, he said that if he finds out that it is true he will get baptized. That punk just needs to pray!

This week has been ok. Like I said, Mogens is doing great, but other than him, there isn't too much exciting happening work wise. We haven't been able to work as much as usual because of lame sicknesses.

We were finally able to meet with Henrietta and Isabella again. She is that cute little girl I told you about who made me the paper frogs. It was so much fun, she is one of my favorite little kids ever. This time I tought her how to make paper airplanes and we talked on a walkie talkie.

Hahaha, at the Johansens it was so funny! The youngest kid, Peter fell asleep, and they woke him up because we were gonna eat ice cream. He was so out of it, he didn't know what was going on. They were all shouting his name and he was just staring blankly. Then they tried handing him a spoon so he could eat the ice cream, but he just reached out right past the spoon and grabbed the icecream with his hand and squeezed it. Hahaha, we were cracking up!

Oh I wanted to ask, what are gas prices like in America now days? I ask because prices here have now gone over 12 kroner/liter which equals over 8 dollars/gallon!!! So you can't complain about whatever it is over there.

I think that we have a haunted laundry room! It is the creepiest thing ever! I was doing my laundry a couple nights ago, and I was so creeped out, because the washer here is on the top floor of our apartment building and there is a long hall with all these abandoned old rooms and at the end of the hall is a creepy room with a washer. The light in the hall is dim and flickery, and the light in the room with the washer doesn't even work, so it is way dark up there. The only thing I was thinking when I was up there was Horror Movie. I think I'm going to wash my clothes during the day from now on.

Alrighty, a highlight of this week has been Balloons!! Hahaha, we got a bunch of balloons and have been having a lot of fun with them. These aren't normal every day balloons. I got some figure balloons and have been making balloon animals/hats/other things. Yeah, I can still remember how. But the best is the giant balloons we got!!! THey are so huge!! Don't worry I have some pictures.
Speaking of pictures, thank you for those pictures! It's fun seeing everyone. Everyone looks different! That is a good make up job. I looked at the pictures before I read the email and got kind of freaked out when I saw that.

My pictures this time are all just balloons. The first 2 are me and the star hat I made, and then #3 is the flower I made. Then the rest are just huge balloon pictures. They are enormous! Especially the big orange guy there! I don't know why, but huge things are always way funny for some reason.

Well, that's all for today. Thanks for the email and for everything!! Miss you!

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment