Monday, December 6, 2010

Nov. 21, 2010





























Hey There!

Happy Monday!! AHHHH! I can't believe that I am already more than halfway done! It has gone by so fast! And ya know what? Everybody says that the second year goes by even faster! But that is pretty hard to believe that it can go faster.
Thanks Dad for the encouraging advice and everything. It's fun hearing from you every once in awhile. It's true, it is so good being able to speak the language. It makes everything else so much easier.

That's crazy that Andrew is home already! I'm sure he gave a great talk.
Congratulations to Camron! 2nd place and 500 bucks! Alright! That's awesome! I'm still a little bit confused with the whole competition and what it is he actually did. But that is way cool that he did so good with it.
Haha, I just barely helped an old lady out with her computer. She went to a youtube video and it started playing music way loud and she couldn't figure out how to do anything. So I went over there and put it on pause, got her some headphones and then played it again for her. Hahaha, old people are fun.
That's cool that Janie Sue got a job. I'm sure he will be glad for the extra money!
Happy Birthday to dad!! I hope it was a great day! Sorry I didn't get you anything, but I'm working on a christmas package to send home. I'm finding a few odds and ends to throw in there.
Guess what! It snowed this week!! It usually doesn't snow in Denmark until after Christmas, but we woke up one morning and there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground and it kept going all day! I just wanted to let ya know.
I've really been enjoying reading HC Andersens stories. I think something is messed up with that guy. My favorite story that I've read so far is Store Klaus og Lille Klaus. It's way funny. I found it in English on this website http://hca.gilead.org.il/li_claus.html You should try to read it sometime if you get the chance. It's kind of long, but it's a good one. I skimmed through the english one real quick and I think it's even funnier in Danish.

Well, I've had a good week for the most part. Last pday was way fun! We went to that Experimentarium place and it was way fun! There was so much to do and see there. We didn't have enough time. We were there for like 3 hours, but there was still a lot of things that we didn't get a chance to see. Science is way cool. I think the best thing there was a cool chair thing that is kind of off balance and when you sit in and it randomly just spins on it's own. And then when you put your legs in it spins even faster. It was fun! I put a little video of it up on facebook.
This week we had our interviews with President. That was good. I didn't really have anything to talk about. But he did tell me something pretty exciting! He said that he doesn't have any plans on moving me next transfers! So I can expect on staying here in Ballerup for Christmas! It's not final yet, we will find out for sure later this week probably. But I hope that I get to stay here for Christmas because I have gotten to know the ward so well and they are awesome! We also are going to spend Christmas with the Olsens!! So that would be so cool if I could stay! It would be a bummer to leave less than a month before Christmas. I'll let you know officially as soon as I find out. Oh and speaking of the Olsens, she told me that you guys have been writing a bit. She was impressed with your danish skills.
Thursday was exciting! Cuz it was my ONE YEAR mark! We didn't do anything at all to celebrate it but it was fun anyway just knowing that I made it half way.
That is pretty much it for this week. It's going good with our investigators. We finally got Pernilla to pray! She has been really reluctant about that.
Thursday is going to be really fun! We are having a Thanksgiving party in the mission! We are gonna meet together and play some American football, and they are getting some turkey and all that good food. They are also gonna have a talent show. I'm playing guitar of course, and I also somehow got roped into doing another dance.. Wish me luck with that.
I gotta get going pretty soon so I'll wrap this up. But first thank you for the pictures!!
I'll tell you a bit about my pics.
The first 5 are from the Experimentarium. The first was a pollination game. Then 2 and 3 are us when we were filmed with a cool heat vision camera! Number 4 is a cool room of mirrors. And 5 is our faced mixed together, haha. Then there is a random poster that I saw, I thought it was way funny. And the last one is me playing Giant Solitaire! We bought some huge cards and have been playing giant card games.
That's all I've got for you today. Thanks for everything! See ya next year!

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment