Monday, November 8, 2010

Oct. 31, 2010 Pictures later : )

Hey!!

I'm doing great! Of course I'm doing great, it's a Pday! Pdays are always great! I'm glad to hear that y'all have had a good fun week! Thanks for all of the pictures!! That was fun seeing Tia's costume! :D That is way creative! I'm glad you had a good halloween! Cuz mine was really lame. :/ In Denmark they don't really celebrate Halloween, so other then carving pumpkins that day, we didn't really do anything to celebrate. We didn't ever even dress up or anything. Boring! The only thing I did to celebrate on Halloween was wear an orange tie. That's it. Oh yeah, we also decided to roast up some pumpkin seeds. they were pretty good!
I heard that two of my friends had their farewells on Halloween! Do you remember Carter and Austin? Carter is going to Texas, and Austin is going to Hawaii! I bet Carter and Austin did great! Too bad I couldn't be there. With me, I was pretty much the first out of all my friends to leave on my mission, so all of my friends were at my farewell! But the problem with that, is that when I come home, they will all be on their missions!
That is way crazy to hear about Sister Lotz! But it's very comforting to know that it's not just done after this life.
The temple really was great! It was a great experience going there! It's a bummer that I'm not able to go more often.
The mice are way huge!! I thought we were done catching them. We caught 6 of them really quick, and then over a week went by and there was nothing. So we were pretty sure that we got them all, BUT yesterday, we heard something in the kitchen and we went in there and saw a mouse jump out of the garbage can and run away! Grrr! This one is super smart or something. He doesn't even go for our traps! We put 2 traps right outside his house, and he just pushed them out of the way without setting them off! Haha, yeah I remember that! Well, I don't know if I actually remember it, or just remember hearing the story. Either way, it was pretty funny.
Yeah, I'm doing better, I still have a little bit of a runny nose, but other than that I'm pretty much back to my old self again. It didn't keep us locked up in the house. It was never too bad that I wasn't able to go out and work.
Thank you! I'm glad you like my scarf! I think it turned out great! It took me forever! Like 2 months or so. So it better be good after all of that work!

Well, should we get to my week? It's been a pretty good week I guess. Last pday was really fun! The weather turned out to be way good, so we went to the Copenhagen Zoo!! It was cool! There weren't very many people there, so we had a lot of it all to ourselves! Today we are gonna go to Copenhagen and try to do some Christmas shopping. I have absolutely no idea what to get people!
And speaking of Christmas, all of the Christmas decorations and displays and everything have already come out here! It's so early for that! But Christmas in Denmark is way huge! I feel like I got ripped off having my first mission Christmas in the MTC, now I'll only get to experience 1 here in Denmark. I'll just have to make the best of it!
One day, there was this huge yard sale type thing going on, where a bunch of people set up some stands and sale all sorts of random things, so we decided to stop by and see if there was anything good.
Oh, we have an investigator, Neils, we were over at his house teaching him, and he asked me if I had read the H.C. Andersen stories. (In case you don't know, H.C. Andersen is like the most famous Dane ever. He wrote all sorts of stories, like The Little Mermaid, and the Princess and the Pea, and many more) Anyway, I told him that I'm familiar with some of them, but I haven't really read them. And then he went and grabbed a huge book of all of H.C. Andersen's stories, and just gave it to me! It's like 3 inches thick! Over 1000 pages! I was like, hey man, you don't have to give me this. But he insisted. So lately I've been reading a whole bunch of exciting stories. It's great Danish Practice too. I think that is gonna be a good souvenier to bring home with me.
I don't think there is really anything else that happened this week. It wasn't the most exciting week ever.

I've got a few picture for you! Most of them are from the zoo. Here, I'll tell you a bit about them. So, the first few are from our trip to the zoo. The polar bear smiled for me in the picture. There were also a few of those put-your-face-in-the-hole pictures, so I took a few of those. Then there is a picture of me chillin with some penguins. Then I have some giraffe pics. After the zoo pictures there is one of the huge yardsale thing.
I'm gonna finish this up so we can head over to Copenhagen. have a super fantastic week!! I miss you a bunch! Did you know that in like 2 weeks, I'll be halfway done! See ya in a year and a bit.

Love Elder Tyler Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment